lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "m.harig" <>
Subject singular and plural search
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:22:45 GMT

hello all

        i've a doubt in plural & singular word searching , i've got code
snippet from nabble forum ,

private static Analyzer createEnglishAnalyzer() {
return new Analyzer() {
        public TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader)
                TokenStream result = new StandardTokenizer(reader);
                result = new StandardFilter(result);
                result = new LowerCaseFilter(result);
                result = new StopFilter(result,
                result = new SnowballFilter(result, "English");
                return result;

to do my above , but when i search for a keyword "loans" , this code turns
my keyword to "loan" and gives me the results for "loan" keyword , but when
i search for "loan" it should return the results for "loans" keyword.

please anyone suggest me.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message