lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From nja <seetha...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:55:33 GMT

Hi ,
         I am using StandardAnalyzer for indexing as well as searching the
indexes.But my search doesn't work correctly with special characters.I am
storing some special characters in a field called TransType.ie
document.add(new Field("TransType", "db92fb60-b716-11de-8718-001a4bc7d46e",
Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED));

I am using the StandardAnalyser for searching also.
ie
IndexSearcher[] indxSearcher = new IndexSearcher[indexNameList.size()];
for (String indexName : indexNameList) {
}

String[] fields ={ "Path", "TransType"};
MultiFieldQueryParser queryParser = new MultiFieldQueryParser(fields,new
StandardAnalyzer());
Query query = queryParser.parse(qryString);
ParallelMultiSearcher  parallelMultiSearcher = new
ParallelMultiSearcher(indxSearcher);
Hits hits = parallelMultiSearcher.search(query,new Sort(new
SortField("CreatedTicks",SortField.STRING, true)));
System.out.println(hits.length());

           But in my TransType search,if I give any of the special
characters it is displaying the entire list.ie if I search TransType : $ it
is showing the entire list.But I want Transtype search to work only if I
give the value which I have
stored(db92fb60-b716-11de-8718-001a4bc7d46e)....Please help me out to
resolve this issue