lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mitu2009 <musicfrea...@gmail.com>
Subject Help needed bubbling up relevant records with most recent date
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 02:57:48 GMT

Hi,

I've got 5 records in Lucene index.

a.Record 1 contains--tax analysis.Date field value is March 2009

b.Record 2 contains--Senior tax analyst.Date field value is Aug 2009

c.Record 3 contains--Senior tax analyst.Date field value is July 2009

d.Record 4 contains--tax analyst.Date field value is Feb 2009

e.Record 5 contains--Senior tax analyst.Date field value is Oct 2009

If the input keyword is senior tax analyst,then search results should come
up in the following order:

a.Record 5--because this record is has got the most recent date and has got
the matching phrase

b.Record 2--because this record has got second most recent date and has got
the matching phrase

c.Record 3--because this record has got third most recent date and has got
the matching phrase

d.Record 4

e.Record 1

Basically,I want to show the most relevant records grouped by date and
sorted in descending order by date.And then, I want to show remaining
records sorted by descending value of relevancy. How do i achieve this with
Lucene?

Please help.