lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marc Sturlese <marc.sturl...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene 2.9 and performance of readers per segment.
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 08:47:56 GMT

Hey there,
Until now when using Lucene 2.4 I was always optimizing my index using
compound file after updating it. I was doing that because if not I could
feel a lot performance loss in search responses.
Now in Lucene 2.9 there are per segment readers and I have read something
about it performes better and maybe there's no need to optimze always the
For FieldCache usage I know in Lucene 2.9 due to the per segment readers the
seed at loading time as imporved a lot if the index is not optimized. But if
it is optimized the loading time is the same.
So, is that true that with per segment reders search request perform almost
as good as an optimized index? Can anyone point me where to get more
information about the Lucene 2.9 per segments reader?
Thanks in advance