lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Using NumericField
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:56:20 GMT
You have to reindex everything, the field cannot be converted. Updating
single fields is not possible (maybe in future, see wiki).

If you use the field cache (sorting against numeric fields) it is very
important to not have any legacy terms in the index, so the best is to start
with an empty index. If you do not sort, NumericRangeQuery will simply not
hit any documents using another encoding.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de