lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Wilson Wu <songzi0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help needed improving lucene concurret search performance
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:03:10 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wilson Wu <songzi0206@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/10/24
Subject: Re: help needed improving lucene concurret search performance
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org

Hi,
     Thanks a lot for your reply. There are 4 processors in my system.
     I am not sure that 100 threads is going to be 10 times slower
than 10 threads .Because all the threads don't run serial but
parallel. I think when there are 100 customers accessing my system,100
http connections will be builded and all the http threads will be
responsed by the Servlet at the same time. My question is :
 when 100 threads do search concurrently, are there any resources
shared by differenet threads and these resources caused thread
waiting/blocking in lucene IndexSearcher? If it dose, how can I avoid.
Thanks again.

                                                      wilson