lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.9 and performance of readers per segment.
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 08:55:32 GMT
Per segment over many segments is actually a bit faster for none sort
cases and many sort cases -but an optimized index will still be
fastest - the speed benifit of many segments comes when reopening - so
say for realtime search - in that case you may want to sac the opt
perf for a segment tail that is faster on update turnaround time. But
for straight search speed - optimized is still the the way to go.

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com (mobile)