lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Clarification on TokenStream.close() needed
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:48:33 GMT
TokenStream.close() is called (and was everytime called before, too), when
the tokenization is done to close the Reader. The call to reset(Reader) is
the same like creating a new instance (only that the cost of creating a new
instance is not needed).

The change in Solr 1.4 is that now TokenStreams are reused, if the Analyzer
supports it. You should release all resources in close and recreate on
reset(). If this is too costly, they should not be released in close() but
then there is no way to release them (only in finalize() which is called by
GC).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler