lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Ochoa <marcelo.oc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC access to a Lucene index
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:43:02 GMT
Hi Zukka:
   This is similar approach to Lucene Domain Index:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddgw7sjp_54fgj9kg
    But Lucene Domain Index is an specific implementation for Oracle
Databases 10g/11g which is integrated through the ODCI API and
replacing the Lucene file system storage by a BLOB storage.
    Basically you defines Index on table columns and then query Lucene
Index by using a new operator:
       lcontains(col,lucene-query,op)
    two new ancillary operators:
       lscore(op)
       lhighlight(op)
    and some pipeline functions which provides highlighting, facets, and so on.
    But isn't a new JDBC driver implementation, you query Lucene
Domain Index using default Oracle's JDBC drivers.
    Best regards, Marcelo.
On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'm not aware of any, but you might get more mileage asking on java-user.
>
> You're right, poor original choice of list from me.
>
> java-users@, here's my question from java-dev@:
>
> Some while ago I implemented a simple JDBC to JCR bridge [1] that
> allows one to query a JCR repository from any JDBC client, most
> notably various reporting tools.
>
> Now I'm wondering if something similar already exists for a normal
> Lucene index. Something that would treat your entire index as one huge
> table (or perhaps a set of tables based on some document type field)
> and would allow you to use simple SQL SELECTs to query data.
>
> Any pointers would be welcome. If this hasn't already been done, would
> there be interest in such a JDBC driver for Lucene?
>
> [1] http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/jdbc2jcr.html
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Marcelo F. Ochoa