lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <>
Subject Re: Realtime search best practices
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:23:42 GMT
Hello all,

In case of 2.4.1, the reader after reopen, will be warmed before actual use. In 2.9, public
void setMergedSegmentWarmer(IndexWriter.IndexReaderWarmer warmer), does warming when we do

If we do getReader() for every request then whether it will reduce the search performance?

Does warming necessarly required in 2.9? If we do warming for the very first time is not enough?
Do we need to do it on every request?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yonik Seeley" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 3:42 AM
Subject: Re: Realtime search best practices

Good point on isCurrent - I think it should only be with respect to
the latest index commit point? and we should clarify that in the

> // but what does the nrtReader say?
> // it does not have access to the most recent commit
> // state, as there's been a commit (with documents)
> // since it was opened. But the nrtReader *has* those
> // documents.

I think we keep it simple - the nrtReader.isCurrent() would return
false after a commit is called.
Yes, isCurrent() is no longer such a great name.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: