lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject UpdateDocument failed
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:31:26 GMT
Hello all,

I am using Lucene 2.4.1. I am adding and updating the documents frequently. At constant interval,
I am reopening the index and warming it. I am having multiple thread, all are sharing a single
writer and reader. Commit and reopening the reader is done in separate thread at regular interval.

In one of production server, I could see the updates are getting failed for some records.
When i copy the same data and run it in my end, updates are doing fine. In production system,
Even If i do a reindex, sometimes all the updates are successful and sometimes not. Its highly
unpredictable. All my documents have a unique id and using that updates are done.

I require some information what are the criteria to be taken care while doing UpdateDocument?
Is there any limitation of not to update while doing commit?

Please update me as it is very urgent.

Regards
Ganesh