lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Francisco Borges <francisco.bor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can I merge indexes without deleting the original index?
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:40:07 GMT
Hello Erick,

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Erick Erickson<erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure, copy them first to some other directory <G>....
> We might have something more helpful if you'd tell us *why* you want to do
> this? What problem are you trying to solve? Because having two copies of
> your index in the same directory doesn't sound very save.

I have a folder hierarchy, where each subfolder contains documents

A/B
A/C
A/D

and where only the contents of D have been indexed.

Now I would like to index the whole content of A.

I wanted to avoid re-indexing the documents in D, so I thought about
doing a merge. At the same time, I wouldn't like to lose the index I
already had.

Thus I am trying to merge without deleting the original index.

Kind regards,
--
Francisco