lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dragan Jotanovic <drag...@gmail.com>
Subject Filtering on two date fields simultaneously
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:30:54 GMT
Hi, I was thinking a long time how to implement this kind of
functionality but couldn't figure out anything appropriate.
In my lucene document, I have two date fields: start and end date.
As a search input I have current date (NOW).
I need to display all documents for which current date is between
start and end dates.

I know that this could be performed by two RangeQuery-es, ie.
startDate:{19700101 to NOW} AND endDate:{NOW to 29990101}
but since the index could be very large, performance would not be very good.
RangeFilter is not a good idea as well, since I would have to filter
on two fields (or maybe it would with ChainedFilter?).

Does anyone know which approach would be the best in this kind of
situation, performance wise?