lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: lucene 2.9.0RC4 slower than 2.4.1?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:44:20 GMT
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> How should we proceed? Stop the final artifact build and voting or proceed
> with the release of 2.9? We waited so long and for most people it is faster
> than slower!

I think we know that 2.9 will not be faster for everyone:
  - Per-segment searching and the new comparatores are a general win,
but will be slower for some people.
  - Query parsing and small document indexing will be somewhat slower
due to the new token APIs (the workarounds for back compatibility) if
token streams aren't reused.

I don't see any indication of any bugs in Lucene in this thread either.

-Yonik