lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Extending Sort/FieldCache
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 15:45:06 GMT
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Shai Erera<serera@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) Contribute my payload-based sorting package. Currently it only reads from
> disk during searches, and I'd like to enhance it to use in-memory cache as
> well. It's a moderate-size package, so this one will need to wait until (1)
> is done, and I get enough time to adapt it to 2.9 and work on the issue.

I've resisted using payloads for this purpose in Solr because it felt
like an interim hack until CSF is implemented.  It feels like payloads
are properly used when one actually cares what the term or position
is.  Thoughts?  Do we think CSF will make it in 3.1?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com