lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mindaugas Žakšauskas <min...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: too many file descriptors opened by Lucene shows (deleted) in /proc
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:28:04 GMT
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Ganesh<emailgane@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Any adivice on this. I am closing the reader when not in use. But still /proc/<processid>/fd
shows many files as (deleted). What are other things i need to look in to.

If I was in your shoes, I'd wait for a moment when the problem comes
up, do a memory dump (hint: jmap -dump:format=b,file=filename pid),
then fire up a profiler and search for instances of
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader, org.apache.lucene.store.Directory
and if that doesn't help - java.io.File. This would show you the
traces all the way to the top.

m.