lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: New "Stream closed" exception with Java 6 - solved
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:38:24 GMT

: It turns out that the cause of the exceptions is in fact adding an item
: twice - so you were correct right at the start :-)  I ran a test where I

glad to see it all worked out.

: Just a minor point: isn't Lucence in a position to detect the duplicate
: insertion attempt and flag it with something less vague than "Stream
: closed"?  :-)

not really ... adding a document multiple times is a perfectly legal use
case, adding a document with a "Reader" based field where the reader is
already closed ... that's not legal (And Lucene doesn't really have any
way of knowing if the Reader is closed because *it* closed it.

-Hoss