lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Use of tika for parsing, offsets questions
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:26:59 GMT
An additional good solution for Lucene (from 2.9 on), would be to create a
special TIKA analyzer that can be used to directly add TIKA-parseable
content and metadata to the Tokenstream as Attributes (using the new API) or
only text and offset data (old Lucene TokenStream API).

I wrote something similar for XML files that added the current XML element
path as an additional Token Attribute. It also set the SAX parsers current
position as offset. This attribute could then later be used to construct
additional indexing setting (in our case the field name to index into).

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de