lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whitespace/Standard Analyzer and punctuation
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:27:30 GMT
You could look in to modifying the standard tokenizer lexer code to
handle punctuation (there is a patch in the isssue tracker for the old
javacc grammer to handle punctuation) and there is also the Gate NLP
project which has a fairly nice sentence splitter you might find
useful. Add a whole bunch of position increment between your sentences
and limit your searches to how much distance you allow for a hit.

I hope this helps.

        karl