lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Scandinavia Apache Lucene/Solr September Meetup: 9 September
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2009 03:44:37 GMT
Excuse the cross-posted announcement.  Next week we'll be having a
Lucene/Solr meetup around the JavaZone conference in Oslo, Norway.

Before, during, AND after - now that's my kind of meetup!

	Erik

Details here and below: http://www.meetup.com/Scandinavia-Apache-Lucene-Solr-Meetup/

September 9th, next Wednesday, 6pm
Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel
Sonja Henies Plass 3
Oslo

Presentations and discussions on Lucene/Solr, the Apache Open Source
Search Engine/Platform, alongside JavaZone 2009 of Oslo, Scandinavia's
biggest meeting place for software developers:

Agenda:

	• "Solr at the Speed of Light": Erik Hatcher, Lucene/Solr PMC Member
and Committer, co-author of Lucene In Action, Lucid Imagination
	• "Migrating from commercial search engines to Solr",Tobias Larsson
Hult and Eskil Andreen, Findwise SE
	• Presentations followed by Lightning Talks from community
members:talks are 7-10 minute presentations, electronic, demo, or on
whiteboard; sign-ups at the event.
We'll have beer and food and socializing before, during and after.