lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From henok sahilu <henok_sah...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Finding duplicate records from a result set
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:16:06 GMT
i have a thesis work which i have done. it was on lega documents. the XML IR systems are very
susceptible for producing duplicate or near duplicate contents (not in concept, but in textual
content ).
here is what i did .
i tag each article content in the legal documents, with their status, and their relationship
with other article contents.
 and then write a parer that will read this tags and index the contents therein.
and write a re-ranking algorithm that works based on the staus information of article contents
and their relationship.
for example
the one that contians an active law will be boosted, because it is the active law that prevails
in matters.
and some times article are replaced by other articles , in this case rather than presenting
both them (which can result in duplicates ) i compare new terms used in the process of replacing
with the query terms and boost the replacing article content. or i compare the terms that
are exclusively used by the old article content with the query terms and boost the old article
content.
the repealed article contents are downwwited by some factor rather than presenting their them
along with their other version .
this is what i have done to reduce the number of duplicating or near duplicating search results
to users.other wise the user can waste considerable time inspecting which is duplicate and
which is not .
i can give u the the abstract and come codes (in java) id u want
i think this might help
henok