lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <Chris.Bamf...@scalix.com>
Subject RE: New "Stream closed" exception with Java 6
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:12:33 GMT
Hi Hoss,

I have been thinking more about what you said (below) - could you please expand on the indented
part of this sentence:

"it's possibly you just have a simple bug where you are  closing the reader before you pass
it to Lucene,

      or maybe you are mistakenly adding the same field twice

(or in two different documents)"

Are you saying that if I were attempting to delete a doc and then add it again (e.g. update),
but for some reason the delete didn't work, I would get a "Stream closed" exception?

Thanks

- Chris

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org>
Sent: Tue, 8/9/2009 7:57pm
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: New "Stream closed" exception with Java 6

: I'm coming to the same conclusion - there must be >1 threads accessing this index at
the same time.  Better go figure it out  ...  :-)

careful about your assumptions ... you could get this same type of
exception even with only one thread, the stream that's being closed isn't
internal to Lucene, it's the InputStreamReader you supplied as the value
of some Field.  it's possibly you just have a simple bug where you are
closing hte reader before you pass it to Lucene, or maybe you are
mistakenly adding the saame field twice (or in two different documents)

-Hoss