lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sherrill, Delsey" <dsherr...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Getting payload data in search results
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:42:36 GMT
I think I have a problem that would benefit from the new term payload feature, but I'm not
sure.  Every example of payload usage that I can find factors them into the scoring, but doesn't
return them with the search results.

In my case, I don't need the payload to affect scoring, but I do need to get a list for each
search result containing all the payloads for terms in that document that matched the query.

Let's say I have the following two documents, divided into chunks as shown, and the chunk
ids are added as payloads on each term:

DocA, chunk1: "blue blue red orange"
DocA, chunk2: "purple orange"

DocB, chunk3: "blue orange blue"
DocB, chunk4: "orange green red"
DocB, chunk5: "blue red purple"

The desired results of a search for "blue" would then be:

DocB, some score, (chunk3, chunk5)
DocA, some lower score, (chunk1)

Are payloads the right answer here?  Is there perhaps some other way to get the chunk ids
into my search results?

- Delsey