lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Bamford <Chris.Bamf...@scalix.com>
Subject RE: New "Stream closed" exception with Java 6
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:45:09 GMT
Hi Grant,

I have now followed Daniel's advice and catch the exception with:

    try {
        indexWriter.addDocument(doc);
    } catch (CorruptIndexException ex) {
        throw new IndexerException ("CorruptIndexException on doc: " + doc.toString(), ex);
    } catch (IOException ex) {
        throw new IndexerException ("*IOException* on doc: " + doc.toString(), ex);
    }

The result now appears as:

2009-09-02 10:14:24,014 ERROR [QueueManager] [BatchUpdater.processMods:183] Failed to add
content document(s) for user 0bb00000daaa2864-9.0.61.271 com.scalix.index.api.IndexerException:
*IOException* on doc: Document<indexed,tokenized<return-path:christian.sholtz@scalix.com>
indexed,tokenized<received:from scalixmail.scalix.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
        by scalixmail.scalix.com (8.13.6/8.13.6/SuSE Linux 0.8) with ESMTP id m0F9545p008012;
        Tue, 15 Jan 2008 04:05:05 -0500> indexed,tokenized<received:from [10.13.1.51]
(scalixmail.scalix.com [172.16.0.9])
    by scalixmail.scalix.com (Scalix SMTP Relay 11.3.0.11339)
    via ESMTP; Tue, 15 Jan 2008 04:05:05 -0500 (EST)> indexed<CREATE-DATE:20080115090228>
indexed,tokenized<date:Tue Jan 15 04:02:28 EST 2008>  indexed,tokenized<from:"Christian
Sholtz" <christian.sholtz@scalix.com>> indexed,tokenized<to:SIN - Robert Smith
<Robert.Smi
th@sin.co.at>> indexed,tokenized<cc:Patrick Lauria <patrick@scalix.com>>
indexed<message-id:478C76A4.2090600@scalix.com> indexed<in-reply-to:H000007b0031e9f3.1200380510.scalix.sin.co.at@MHS>
indexed<references:H000007b0031e9f3.1200380510.scalix.sin.co.at@MHS> indexed,tokenized<subject:
Re: AW: Lead Landwirtschaftskammer Kärnten -> Smith> indexed,tokenized<autoforwarded:FALSE>
indexed,tokenized<importance:Normal> indexed,tokenized<priority:Normal> indexed,tokenized<sensitivity:Normal>
indexed,tokenized<x-msmail-priority:Medium> indexed,tokenized<x-priority:3> indexed<x-scalix-autoreplied:FALSE>
indexed,tokenized<user-agent:Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (Windows/20071031)> indexed,tokenized<x-spam-status:No,
score=-1.3 required=5.0 tests=AWL,BAYES_00,
        SUBJECT_ENCODED_TWICE autolearn=no version=3.1.8> indexed,tokenized<x-spam-checker-version:SpamAssassin
3.1.8 (2007-02-13) on
        scalixmail.scalix.com> indexed,tokenized<x-mime-autoconverted:from 8bit to quoted-printable
by scalixmail.scalix.com id m0F9545p00801
2> indexed,tokenized<mime-version:1.0> indexed<SIZE-KBYTES:0000000006> indexed<DELIVERY-DATE:20080115090509>
indexed,tokenized<x-scalix-internaldate:Tue Jan 15 04:05:09 EST 2008> indexed<x-scalix-has-attach:FALSE>
indexed,tokenized<content-type:text/plain;
        charset="ISO-8859-1";
        format="flowed"> indexed,tokenized<content-transfer-encoding:quoted-printable>
indexed,tokenized<content-disposition:inline> indexed<CONTENT-TYPE:text/plain>
indexed,tokenized<BODY:java.io.InputStreamReader@75b940> indexed<x-scalix-class:IPM.Note>
indexed<MSG-TYPE:email> stored/uncompressed,indexed<INDEXID:90010ac-4682aaad-478c7745-2ee4ab>>
        at com.scalix.index.manager.BatchUpdater.performContentAdds(BatchUpdater.java:394)
        at com.scalix.index.manager.BatchUpdater.processMods(BatchUpdater.java:179)
        at com.scalix.index.manager.QueueManager.processQueue(QueueManager.java:134)
        at com.scalix.index.manager.QueueManager.run(QueueManager.java:81)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Stream closed
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardTokenizerImpl.zzRefill(StandardTokenizerImpl.java:443)
        at org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardTokenizerImpl.getNextToken(StandardTokenizerImpl.java:629)
        at org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardTokenizer.next(StandardTokenizer.java:140)
        at org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardFilter.next(StandardFilter.java:43)
        at org.apache.lucene.analysis.LowerCaseFilter.next(LowerCaseFilter.java:34)
        at org.apache.lucene.analysis.snowball.SnowballFilter.next(SnowballFilter.java:64)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.DocInverterPerField.processFields(DocInverterPerField.java:134)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldConsumersPerField.processFields(DocFieldConsumersPerField.java:36)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldProcessorPerThread.processDocument(DocFieldProcessorPerThread.java:234)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:765)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.addDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:743)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:1902)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:1880)
        at com.scalix.index.manager.BatchUpdater.performContentAdds(BatchUpdater.java:390)
        ... 4 more

Does this help?

Thanks,

- Chris



----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel Shane <shaned@LEXUM.UMontreal.CA>
Sent: Tue, 1/9/2009 10:52pm
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: New "Stream closed" exception with Java 6

I think you should do this instead (it will print the exception message 
*and* the stack trace instead of only the message) :

throw new IndexerException ("CorruptIndexException on doc: " + doc.toString(), ex);

Daniel Shane

Chris Bamford wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>  
>   
>>> I think you code there needs to show the underlying exception, too, so  
>>> we can see that stack trace.
>>>       
>
> Ummm... isn't this code already doing that?  What am I missing?
>
>             try {
>
>                 indexWriter.addDocument(doc);
>
>             } catch (CorruptIndexException ex) {
>
>                 throw new IndexerException ("CorruptIndexException on doc: " + doc.toString()
+
>
>                     " - " + ex.toString());
>
>             } catch (IOException ex) {
>
>                 throw new IndexerException ("IOException on doc: " + doc.toString() +
>
>                     " - " + ex.toString());
>
>             }
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Chris
>
> Chris Bamford
> Senior Development Engineer
> Scalix
> chris.bamford@scalix.com
> Tel: +44 (0)1344 381814
> www.scalix.com
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
> Sent: Sat, 29/8/2009 12:00pm
> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: New "Stream closed" exception with Java 6
>
> I think you code there needs to show the underlying exception, too, so  
> we can see that stack trace.
>
> -Grant
>
> On Aug 28, 2009, at 11:47 AM, Chris Bamford wrote:
>
>   
>> Hi Grant
>>
>> Please see attached.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Chris
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
>> Sent: Fri, 28/8/2009 1:26pm
>> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: New "Stream closed" exception with Java 6
>>
>> Are there any log messages around that spot?  Did something happen to
>> the underlying Reader you are using?  Can you share that little bit of
>> indexing code?
>>
>> On Aug 27, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Chris Bamford wrote:
>>
>>     
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since moving our app to Java 6 and Tomcat 6, we have started getting
>>> occasional exceptions of the form:
>>>
>>> java.io.IOException: Stream closed
>>>   at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
>>>   at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
>>>   at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene
>>> .analysis
>>> .standard.StandardTokenizerImpl.zzRefill(StandardTokenizerImpl.java:
>>> 443)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene
>>> .analysis
>>> .standard
>>> .StandardTokenizerImpl.getNextToken(StandardTokenizerImpl.java:629)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene
>>> .analysis.standard.StandardTokenizer.next(StandardTokenizer.java:140)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene.analysis.standard.StandardFilter.next(StandardFilter.java:43)
>>>   at
>>> org.apache.lucene.analysis.LowerCaseFilter.next(LowerCaseFilter.java:
>>> 34)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene.analysis.snowball.SnowballFilter.next(SnowballFilter.java:64)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene
>>> .index.DocInverterPerField.processFields(DocInverterPerField.java: 
>>> 134)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene
>>> .index
>>> .DocFieldConsumersPerField
>>> .processFields(DocFieldConsumersPerField.java:36)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene
>>> .index
>>> .DocFieldProcessorPerThread
>>> .processDocument(DocFieldProcessorPerThread.java:234)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java: 
>>> 765)
>>>   at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.addDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:743)
>>>   at
>>> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java: 
>>> 1902)
>>>   at
>>> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java: 
>>> 1880)
>>>   at
>>> com
>>> .scalix
>>> .index.manager.BatchUpdater.performContentAdds(BatchUpdater.java:386)
>>>   at
>>> com.scalix.index.manager.BatchUpdater.processMods(BatchUpdater.java:
>>> 176)
>>>   at
>>> com.scalix.index.manager.QueueManager.processQueue(QueueManager.java:
>>> 134)
>>>   at com.scalix.index.manager.QueueManager.run(QueueManager.java:81)
>>>   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>>
>>> We are using Lucene 2.4.  Any ideas what is happening?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> - Chris
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>>>
>>>       
>> --------------------------
>> Grant Ingersoll
>> http://www.lucidimagination.com/
>>
>> Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids)
>> using Solr/Lucene:
>> http://www.lucidimagination.com/search
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>>
>> <lucene_msg.txt>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>>     
>
> --------------------------
> Grant Ingersoll
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/
>
> Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids)  
> using Solr/Lucene:
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/search
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>
>   


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message