lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Enumerating NumericField using TermEnum?
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:26:14 GMT
> >> Maybe I add this t the javadocs.
> >>
> +1 - intuition might be to use it for anything numeric.

If we do not need a new RC fort hat I can do it tomorrow! I am not yet sure
what to write: I tend to say: "Use NumericField, but with infinite
precisionStep for low-cardinality fields - and you get the old TermEnum
value list as before (with conversion through NumericUtils)". In general,
users should use NumericField for numbers, but use a appropinquate precStep,
so infinite if no faster RangeQueries are possible because of low
cardinality.

Uwe