lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah <Allahbaksh_Asadul...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Run your Lucene Applications on Google AppEngine with GAELucene
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 04:39:16 GMT

Hi,
This is great news and good work. I think I will try this today evening. I think we should
put this as one of component in lucene-contrib. What do you say? Committer and owner please
comment.
Regards,
Allahbaksh

-----Original Message-----
From: Kerang Lv [mailto:lvkrnewer@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:34 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Run your Lucene Applications on Google AppEngine with GAELucene

Hi Lucene users,

Enlightened by the discussion "Can I run Lucene in google app engine? [http://www.nabble.com/Can-I-run-Lucene-in-google-app-engine--td23017742.html],
I implemented a google datastore based Lucene component, GAELucene, which can help you to
run search applications on google app engine.

The main clazz of GAELucene include:
    * GAEDirectory - a read only Directory based on google datastore.
    * GAEFile - stands for an index file, the file's byte content will be splited into multi
GAEFileContent.
    * GAEFileContent - stands for a segment of index file.
    * GAECategory - the identifier of different indices.
    * GAEIndexInput - a memory-resident IndexInput? implementation like the RAMInputStream.

    * GAEIndexReader - wrapper for IndexReader? that cached in GAEIndexReaderPool
    * GAEIndexReaderPool - pool for GAEIndexReader

The following code snippet demonstrates the use of GAELucene do searching:
  Query queryObject = parserQuery(request);
  GAEIndexReaderPool readerPool =GAEIndexReaderPool.getInstance();
  GAEIndexReader indexReader = readerPool.borrowReader(INDEX_CATEGORY_DEMO);
  IndexSearcher searcher =newIndexSearcher(indexReader);
  Hits hits = searcher.search(queryObject);
  readerPool.returnReader(indexReader);

You can find morere 'http://code.google.com/p/gaelucene/'