lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Pasero <benjamin.pas...@gmail.com>
Subject What would be the fastest BooleanQuery possible?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:25:52 GMT
Hi,

I am using Lucene not only for smart fulltext searches but also for
getting the results for a DB-like query, where I am not tokenizing the
terms at all. For this query, I am interested in all results and for
that
I am using my own HitCollector.

Now, while profiling I noticed that quite some time is spent in
methods like TermQuery.weight() or BooleanScorer2.score(). Given that
I am interested in all results, I am not interested in any score for
the
results.

Is it possible to run a query where Lucene simply checks if a Document
is a hit or not and completly ignore weighting and scoring? Or is that
an integrated part of the search used to determine if a Document
is a hit or not?

Thanks for helping,
Ben