lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Hess <mat.h...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Storing a Lucene Index on a SAN Storage: good idea?
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 07:36:23 GMT
Hello

We are currently implementing our first Lucene project. We are building
an application which will index public Records on the internet, about
200'000 documents, each document is about 150 k in size. Our customer
would like to store the Lucene index on a SAN disk.
We recommended the use of high speed local disks, but our customer would
prefer SAN for their better managability.

Does anybody have good or bad experiences with SAN disks?
Are there parameters like #read operations, data read rate or whatever,
which must be met to have a performance which rivals a good "local disk"?

Thanks for sharing your ideas and opinions!

Kind Regards
Matthias Hess