lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Becker <>
Subject Re: lucene 2.9.0RC4 slower than 2.4.1?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:31:18 GMT
New Profiling sessions with invocation counts. A single lucene search request
with huge resultset (169k items).

Quite interesting results though and there's definetly something wrong with luc
2.9 and the way I'm using it. But see yourself:
and even worse:

Have to verify that the last one is not by accident more than one request. Will
do the run again and then post the required info.

Mark Miller wrote:
> bq. I'll do some profiling now again and let you know the results.
> Great - it will be interesting to see the results. My guess, based on
> the 2.9 new api profiling, is that your queries may not be agreeing with
> some of the changes somehow. Along with the profiling, can you fill us
> in on the query types you are using as well? (eg qualities)
> And grab invocations if its possible.

Thomas Becker
Senior JEE Developer

net mobile AG
Zollhof 17
40221 Düsseldorf

Phone:    +49 211 97020-195
Fax:      +49 211 97020-949
Mobile:   +49 173 5146567 (private)

Registergericht:  Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 48022
Vorstand:         Theodor Niehues (Vorsitzender), Frank Hartmann,
                 Kai Markus Kulas, Dieter Plassmann
Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrates:   Dr. Michael Briem

To unsubscribe, e-mail: