lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Shane <sha...@LEXUM.UMontreal.CA>
Subject Re: Run your Lucene Applications on Google AppEngine with GAELucene
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:33:32 GMT
I question the performance of such an approach. For lucene to be fast,
disk access need to be fast, and the transaction stuff with google is
not that good.

I'll have to test it out to see, but I anticipate a huge performance hit
compared to lucene running with a real HDD access.

Daniel Shane

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah wrote:
> Hi,
> This is great news and good work. I think I will try this today evening. I think we should
put this as one of component in lucene-contrib. What do you say? Committer and owner please
comment.
> Regards,
> Allahbaksh

I implemented a google datastore based Lucene component, GAELucene, which can help you to
run search applications on google app engine.