lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Becker <thomas.bec...@net-m.de>
Subject Re: lucene 2.9.0RC4 slower than 2.4.1?
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:43:12 GMT
Here's the results of profiling 10 different search requests:

http://ankeschwarzer.de/tmp/lucene_24_oldapi.png
http://ankeschwarzer.de/tmp/lucene_29_oldapi.png
http://ankeschwarzer.de/tmp/lucene_29_newapi.png

But you already gave me a good hint. The index being used is an old one build
with lucene 2.4. I will now try a freshly build 2.9 index and see if performance
improves. Maybe that already solves the issue...stupid me...
We're updating the index every 30 min. at the moment and it gets optimized after
each update.

--
Thomas Becker
Senior JEE Developer

net mobile AG
Zollhof 17
40221 Düsseldorf
GERMANY

Phone:    +49 211 97020-195
Fax:      +49 211 97020-949
Mobile:   +49 173 5146567 (private)
E-Mail:   mailto:thomas.becker@net-m.de
Internet: http://www.net-m.de

Registergericht:  Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 48022
Vorstand:         Theodor Niehues (Vorsitzender), Frank Hartmann,
                 Kai Markus Kulas, Dieter Plassmann
Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrates:   Dr. Michael Briem