lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Patricio Galeas <gal...@prometa.de>
Subject TooManyClauses by wildcard queries
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:40:44 GMT
Hi all,

I get the TooManyClauses exception by some wildcard queries like :
(a) de*
(b) country AND de*
(c) ma?s* AND de*

I'm not sure how to apply the solution proposed in LuceneFAQ for the
case of WildcardQueries like the examples above.

Can you confirm if it is the right procedure?

1. Override QueryParser.getWildcardQuery() to return a ConstantScoreQuery.
2. Break up the query to identify the wildcard query part.
3. Create a custom Filter for the wildcard query
4. Create the final query using the custom filter.

If the item 2. is right, can you suggest me an optimal way to do that?

Thank you
Patricio