lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New "Stream closed" exception with Java 6
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 19:06:55 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : I'm coming to the same conclusion - there must be >1 threads accessing this index
at the same time.  Better go figure it out  ...  :-)

> careful about your assumptions ... you could get this same type of
> exception even with only one thread, the stream that's being closed isn't
> internal to Lucene, it's the InputStreamReader you supplied as the value
> of some Field.  it's possibly you just have a simple bug where you are
> closing hte reader before you pass it to Lucene, or maybe you are
> mistakenly adding the saame field twice (or in two different documents)
>

> -Hoss

Its possible its something tricky. When I was converting the Highlighter
to the new TokenStream API, I started to
get this exception in the Highlighter rewrite test - everything else
passed, but this was failing. I couldn't figure it out - and
before I could find the root cause, all the tests started passing
(perhaps from changing code doing other things, rebuilding, or who knows
- I don't have a clue). I couldn't get it to fail again after that.

Not very helpful - but just to note, there were not multiple threads
involved concurrently, nor multiple Writers.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com