lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Max Lynch <ihas...@gmail.com>
Subject Whitespace/Standard Analyzer and punctuation
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 03:54:43 GMT
I would like my searches to match "John Smith" when John Smith is in a
document, but not separated with punctuation.  For example, when I was using
StandardAnalyzer, "John. Smith" was matching, which is wrong for me.  Right
now I am using WhitespaceAnalyzer but instead searching for "John Smith"
"John Smith." "John Smith," etc., which seems like a dumb thing to be
doing.  Can I separate the punctuation but keep the analyzer aware of where
the punctuation occurred in my matching term?

Thanks.