lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie: Luke and fields
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 01:02:49 GMT
Hmmmmm. Let's see the queries, and query.toString() may give
you some clues. I *suspect* that you really didn't index language.
Did you, perhaps, not re-index all your docs? Or use an analyzer
that didn't fold case when searching but did when searching (or
vice-versa)?

It's *possible* that you've got some kind of case problem. I've also
done really silly things like stared at the field for hours and never
noticed that it was "langauge".

Two things would help:
1> show us the index code you actually use.
2> make an index with, say, two documents and attach it to a post. Maybe
     someone with eyes less tired than yours will spot the issue.

Because you're right. This *should* work just fine, so there's probably
something that'll make you slap your forehead when you figure it out.
I speak from experience here, I've given myself lumps on my forehead
when someone pointed out *perfectly obvious* problems that I couldn't
find for hours<G>.

Best
Erick

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Ian Vink <ianvink@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have created an index and each document has a contents field and a
> language field.
>
> contents has the flags: Indexed Tokenized Stored Vector
> language has the flags: Indexed Stored
>
> In luke I can search contents fine, but when I try to search the field
> language, I never ever get results.
>
> Every document has a language field populated which I can see in Luke's
> document browser.
>
> I have tried language:english and even made language the default field.
>
> I gotta be missing something simple....
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message