lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can I merge indexes without deleting the original index?
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 00:50:40 GMT
OK, that makes sense. Note that Shashi's solution and mine are essentially
identical.
Shashi's code snippet, I think, pre-supposes that source and dest index
directories are
different. So copying your A/D index off some place else is functionally
equivalent.

I'm not sure what would happen if you had two separately constructed indexes
in the
same directory and then opened that dir....

Best
Erick