lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christian <engr...@gmail.com>
Subject Field.Store.NO & Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED & hashCode
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 21:19:28 GMT
Hi,

I am putting some text into a field which we set to Field.Store.NO &
Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED. We are then doing exact & fuzzy matches against
that text (about the length of an average sentence). Currently, we have a
single field that is being used for both exact and fuzzy matches while we
have another field with the same text in it for phrase matches.

As for the exact matching, I am wondering if I should store the hashcode of
the text in a separate field and convert the text in the query to a hashcode
before passing it on or if Lucene already does something like that under the
covers when it sees Field.Store.NO & Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED. We will have
millions of entries.

Thanks,
Christian