lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Query and language conversion
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 16:46:27 GMT
Hi Alex,

What you want to do is commonly referred to as "Cross Language Information Retrieval".  Doug
Oard at the University of Maryland has a page of CLIR resources here:

http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~dlrg/clir/

Grant Ingersoll responded to a similar question a couple of years ago on this list:

<http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/e1398067af353a49/cross_lingual_ir#e1398067af353a49>

Here's another recent thread with lots of good info, from the solr-user mailing list, on the
same topic:

<http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/f7c17dc516c89bf6/preparing_the_ground_for_a_real_multilang_index#797001daa3f73e17>

Here's a paper written by a group that put together a Greek-English cross-language retrieval
system using Lucene:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/n172420t1346q683/

And here's another paper written by a group that made a Hindi and Telugu to English cross-language
retrieval system using Lucene, from the CLEF 2006 conference proceedings:

http://www.iiit.ac.in/techreports/2008_76.pdf

Steve