lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "maryam ma'danipour" <m.madanip...@gmail.com>
Subject MultiSearcherThread.hits(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:280) nullPointerException
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:21:54 GMT
Hello every .
I have a problem with MultiSearcherThread.hits in ParallelMultiSearcher.java
. Some times when I want to search via paralleMultiSearcher,
the method MultiSearcherThread.hits() throws nullPointerException. this is
because docs somehow has become null.
but why this field is null. I've checked lucene code . this field never
becomes null except in the ParallelMultiSearcher when lucene wants to
aggregate all results ( in line 79) the
instruction of msta[i].join throws InterruptedException. then the ioe will
be null and because msta[i] hasn't finished its work yet so docs will be
null.
is this right? or is it possible the msta[i] be interrupted in this part of
code?

the exception is :
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcherThread.hits(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:280)
    at
org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher.search(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:83)

Best Regards