lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jan Peter Stotz <jpst...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Unintelligent implementation of IndexWriter locking?
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:53:55 GMT
Mark Miller wrote:

> Have you tried using a native lock factory?

No - I did not even know of it's existence as it is nowhere "visible" from
the IndexWriter class (not directly used and nowhere mentioned in the
JavDoc. Could you please add a small hint after the description about the
"locking file" in the JavaDoc of the IndexWriter class that explains how to
specify the LockFactory?
I am currently using FSDirectory.getDirectory(File,LockFactory)) and then
use that Directory to create my IndexWriter.
That would make it easier for others to find their way...

Thanks for your help,
Jan