lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: how to down-weight synonyms
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:10:21 GMT
Hi Sven,
While I have no idea bout the example in LiA  I can give you some
quick pointers.
if you add the synonyms at query time you can assign a boost factor to
the added synonyms that would boost the matches to a particular term
down. -> something in the interval [0,1]
if you add the synonyms at index time you could add a payload to the
added synonyms and use some payload aware query for searches. See
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/payloads/package-summary.html

You could also index the content into two different fields on with and
one without synonyms and set boost factors on the field. This case
would be a little more complex and rather "dirty" but maybe its an
option for you.

simon