lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: "Read timed out" behind firewall - Ports closed? Loopback?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:28:08 GMT
David,
Lucene is a framework that offers fulltext-indexing and search
capabilities with a very limited support for client/server
communication. The only remote communication mechanism included in
Lucene (I know about - but I'm very confident I did not miss anything
related to that) is the RemoteSearcher which is based Java RMI. Drawn
from the stacktrace you provided the error is somewhere in a xmlRPC
communication. Lucene does not have any dependencies on those classes
so I'm very confident that this error is not caused by Lucene
directly. I hardly recommend you re-ask your question on the
KnowledgeTree mailinglist.

Hope you get help there!

Simon