lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: "Read timed out" behind firewall - Ports closed? Loopback?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:23:27 GMT
David,

I can not follow you. What kind of Lucene applicaiton are you talking
about. Afaik lucene does not use xmlRPC anywhere and we do not have
any dependency on it (Do I miss something?). There is a RemoteSearcher
/ RemoteSearchable in core (until 2.4.1) and now in contrib/remote
which uses RMI and the default port is 1099. But your stacktrace seems
to be something else.

If this has anything to do with lucene-core / contrib you will get
help if you can elaborate your problem further. If this is related to
some other app/project using lucene you might be better asking the
projects mailing-list.

simon