lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Fabrício Raphael <fabricio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to give a score for all documents?
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:46:34 GMT
First, that a document is relevant to a query does not necessarily mean that
this document has to contain some query term. You can have other ways to
assert that a document is relevant to a query.

My IR model is different of the vector model, so it can to give score not
null for documents irrelevant for the vector model. I know that Lucene
implements the vector model, but I want to use the facilities of the Lucene
because I like what the Lucene provides.

But the Lucene to give scores only for relevant documents for the vector
model. And the my model can to give score same that this documents isn't
relevant to vector model. It depends of the configuration granularity of
execution.

So I liked that method nextDoc() of the class that implements the
Scorer.class returned all the documents the end of the iteration to
calculate the score.

I've got to calculate the customized score of the documents that Lucene
returns in according to the vector model.

I hope you have understood me!

Thanks!

--
Fabrício Raphael