lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Swift <bryan.j.sw...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene-Core test failures
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 02:57:02 GMT
I was running the tests which lucene-core version 2.4 and I noticed a
failure in org.apache.lucene.index.TestIndexInput for testRead at line
89. The assertions in question have to do with reading "Modified UTF-8
null bytes" according to the comments in the file. It seems these
modified null bytes are not being retrieved properly.

This failure is of particular interest to me because I am getting a
similar failure in the specs for the implementation of IndexInput I
am  working on for the App Engine Datastore. I was wondering if this
test failure is something to be concerned with or if it could be
ignored/removed with relative safety?

Cheers.
Bryan