lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ueli Kistler" <Ueli.Kist...@trivadis.com>
Subject AW: Wildcard search fails
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:32:44 GMT
Hello,

we used different analyzers and regenerated the index each time with the same results...used
Luke each time already.
Currently we're using SnowBall and Luke can't find any documents using the supplied query
examples below (in zzz-all).

Same happened using StandardAnalyzer (for both, indexing and search).
Using Luke with StandardAnalyzer set, searching for "rz/g/*" results in a query for zzz-all:rz/g/*
but with no results.

Any other queries work as expected also using wildcards.

Can anyone think of a possible problem using / (slash) and wildcard characters "?" or "*"
?

Thanks for your help,
Ueli Kistler

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. August 2009 15:21
An: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Wildcard search fails

Several, all of which boil down to "what analyzers are you usingduring
indexing and searching?". Without that information, we can't
say much.

Also, I'd recommend you get a copy of Luke and examine your index
to see whether what's in there is what you expect.

And query.toString and (as Grant says), IndexSearcher.explain() is your
friend

Best
Erick