lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: arabic analyzer
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:08:01 GMT
> the fact is, plural (as an example) is not supported, and that is one of
> the most common things that a person doing some search will expect to

Walid, I'm not sure this is true. Many plurals are supported
(certainly not exceptional cases or broken plurals).
This is no different than the other language analyzers in lucene, even
english stemmers: the most common forms are grouped together and thats
about all you can say :)

maybe in the future we can improve it though for your particular
concern, add simple dictionary mappings for at least the most common
broken plurals, something like that.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com