lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Boosting Search Results
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 09:32:59 GMT
You could write your own Similarity, extending DefaultSimilarity and
overriding whichever methods will help you achieve your aims.

Or how about running 2 searches, the first with both words required
(+word1 +word2) and then a second search where they aren't both
required (word1 word2).  Then merge/dedup the two lists of hits,
keeping the ones from the first search at the top.

--
Ian.