lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard query
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:31:38 GMT
What happens is when you index using the analyzer, attent gets indexed
(assuming you are using the same analyzer while indexing). When you search
for attent*, the query formed is for attent.
when you search for attenti*, it would look for all documents that contain
attenti* (which would not be present in the doc that got indexed as attent).
Also, stemmer wouldn't work in case of wildcards.
Hope this solves your issues.

--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!