lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard query
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:31:22 GMT
Hi Ganesh,

Its the snowball analyzer that uses English Stemmer which is causing this
behavior. When you search for* 'attention'*, the query gets parsed to*'attent'
*whereas when you search for *'attenti'* it stays as it is because the
stemmer is not able to fit it anywhere.
Could you tell me what is the goal that is to be met here? I suppose using
just the Snowball analyzer here might be enough for you and you might just
give the wildcard query a complete skip.

--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!